Alex Le Grand BSc (Hons), CHBC ABTC-AAB ABTC-ATI IASF-A.
Alex is a Qualified Equine Behaviourist and Saddle Fitter. Alex is fully certified with the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants and is also a Registered Accredited Animal Behaviourist and Registered Animal Training Instructor with the Animal Behaviour Training Council. Alex owns the Natural Animal Centre, a training provider for animal behaviourists and is also a tutor for the International Academy of Saddle Fitters.
As an animal behaviourist, Alex specialises in dealing with ‘unwanted’ or ‘problematic’ behaviours. Alex adopts the ‘LIMA’ Approach with all he does with horses. LIMA stands for “Least-Intrusive, Minimally-Aversive” and it means that we aim to ensure that we are using the least-intrusive methods and the minimally-aversive methods. The IAABC.org have a position statement on what LIMA is here. It essentially means that Alex employs a strict standard of ethics in his training and behaviour consultations, whilst being able to provide practical and realistic training and behavioural help.
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare with Kingston University London
- FdSc Animal Behaviour and Welfare with The Royal Agricultural University
- IAABC Certified Horse Behaviour Consultant
- ABTC Registered Accredited Animal Behaviourist
- ABTC Registered Animal Training Instructor
- Registered as a Qualified Fitter on the Equine Fitters Directory
- ISES Practitioner Member
- IASF Certified Level 4 Advanced Saddle Fitter
- IASF Certified Level 5 Educator & Assessor
To find out more about what Alex does and the way he works with horses, feel free to visit the ‘Contact Me‘ page and get in touch.